CHM is one of the most popular eBook formats presently, although you can read chm documents in Windows with the Microsoft HTML Help Executable( hh.exe ) shipped with Windows, it does not offer you the option to zoom in / out or customize the font, so you might need a third-party chm reader.
xCHM is a free, lightweight, open source and cross-platform chm viewer which is built upon CHMLIB, it allows you to browse a chm file through the contents tree or index, where it excels is that it allows to customize the font family and font size of both normal font and fixed font.
xCHM supports Windows, Mac OS X and Linux, its Windows edition is portable.
xCHM is a free download available from SourceForge.net.
ExtraChm is a Windows program created to view chm file, it allows to zoom in or out the view, increase or decrease the font size, bookmark current page or selected text, save current page as html or text file, decompile the entire file to individual html pages.
ExtraChm works on most popular versions of Windows including but not limited to Windows 7, Windows XP, it supports both 32-bit and 64-bit systems.
ExtraChm is a 2.52MB download available from CNET and http://www.extrachm.com/.
Kchmviewer is a free and open source chm( Microsoft Compiled HTML Help ) viewer and converter, using it you can open, browse, print any chm file and convert it to separate html files.
- Allow to increase or decrease font size.
- Allow to navigate to previous / next chapter, previous / next location or home page with a single click.
- Bookmarks manipulation( add, edit, delete ).
- Extract chm content to individual html pages.
- Full text search.
- Tab browsing.
- Full screen reading.
- Supported encoding types: CP1252, UTF-8, UTF-16, CP1258, TIS-620, eucKR, CP1253, CP1256, etc.
- Embedded html source viewer.
- When you clicked an external link, you can let it to open it in an external internet browser, ask for confirmation or do not open the link.
- Plus many more.
Kchmviewer supports Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
Kchmviewer is a free download available from SourceForge.
Martview is a free, cool and easy operating PDF reader which is designed to make your reading life more comfortable, convenient, and simple.
- Open and view pdf/mart format documents.
- Convert pdf, jpg, png, gif, bmp, zip, rar files to mart format.
- 3 view modes: Horizontal slide, Vertical slide, Flipping view.
- 2 screen modes: Normal mode, Touch screen mode.
- Page up/Page down with mouse wheel.
- Zoom in or zoom out with ctrl plus mouse wheel.
- Pan the view by holding down and dragging the right mouse button.
- Download tens thousands of free eBooks in a wide range of categories from the web: Animals and Pets, Architecture & Interior Design, Art & Photography, Boating & Aviation, Brochure & Catalog( Automobile, Computer, Electronics, Read Estate ), Business & Finance, Cars & Bikes, Comics & Manga( Bakuman, Bamboo Blade, Beach Stars, Beelzebub, Bleach, D.Gray-Man, Defense Devil, Detective Conan, Digimon, Fairy Tail, Full Metal Alchemist, Gamaran, GTO, etc. ), Computers & Tech, Design, Education & Training, Electronics & Audio, Entertainment, Fashion & Style, Food & Cooking, Health & Fitness, Home & Garden, Science & Nature, Travel & Adventure, etc.
- Plus many more.
Martview works on 32 bit and 64 bit Windows and iPad.
Martview is a 24.62MB download available from CNET and the developer’s website.
CoolReader is a free, open source, good-looking, portable and cross-platform eBook reader/viewer program developed by Vadim Lopatin, it offers you the ability to read your favorite books on both handheld and desktop devices.
- Supported formats include: FB2 books( fb2, fb2.zip – FictionBook ), Text files( txt ), Rich text( rtf ), Html files( htm, html ), EPUB files( epub – electronic publication ), Chm files( chm ), Zip archives( zip ).
- 7 themes available: Windows, Windows XP, Vista, Motif, CDE, Plastique, Cleanlooks.
- Allows to customize page margins, interline spacing, view mode( one page, two pages, scroll view ), text color, text font and size, page skin, background colour, hyphenation.
- Full text search.
- Supports full screen mode.
- Zoom in or zoom out with +/- key.
- Allows to rotate page.
- Bookmark management.
- Navigate to previous/next page/line/chapter with keyboard shortcuts.
CoolReader works on Windows 7, Windows XP, Android, Linux, etc.
CoolReader is a 5.47MB download available from SourceForge.net.